I’m not necessarily a Giants fan but I do like Eli Manning and his seemingly underrated career. And he’s one of us as a southern prep alum, with his Sigma Nu brothership (legacy from his dad Archie), Isidore Newman and Ole Miss alma maters, and his family’s southeastern conference roots.
Not saying he is a model trad man since he usually dresses like any other grown up fratter would with tucked-in extra large polos and pleated khakis, but he does have some highlights. So if futbol players dress in high fashion across Europe, then I guess the Mannings are football’s answer, cut from an All-American cloth.
- Sockless boat shoes
- Deciding on the Rebels cap
- Even all grown up, Eli loves his fratshag
- Clean cut casual
- Eli and his beautiful wife at their summer wedding. Breezy khaki suit preferred over the hot tuxedo
- Eli and Abby enjoying courtside on date night. Topcoat, button down, chinos, suede bucks
- The odd jacket that’s unfortunately too long, but hey, think of the children damnit
- Another mishap. Suit is all kinds of trouble. But I’m not looking at the suit
- The Mannings showing their school spirit by wearing Smathers and Branson needlepoint belts of their respective alma maters. Eli looking great in his button down and chinos
- Leading up to this year’s Bowl. Tom gets more of the fashion spotlight, and rightly so, but Eli looks great in traditional American tailoring
- He’s wearing a Vineyard Vines polo under there. I promise
- After the big win? Going to Disney World of course
- The Letterman interview the night after the win. Blue blazer, conservative light blue spread collar, repp tie, grey flannels, chocolate suede loafers. And a change of clothes…that he wore that morning with Mickey Mouse. No rest for a champion
- Parading down the Canyon of Heroes. Nice wool coat, which funny enough looks almost exactly like the last time he celebrated a Bowl win